Friday, August 26, 2011

The Universe is reminding me!

It's been ages since I have added anything to this blog. I drank a lot of green smoothies in the spring and summer of 2010, exercised more, lost weight, and looked and felt so much better. But like a lot of good habits, it's easy to slide out of the maintenance routine when other things take up your time, like learning a new job for example. So-o-o-o, I have completely gotten away from making and drinking green smoothies, and I can feel myself sliding back to where I was near the beginning of 2010 when I was having a hard time fastening the top button on my pants. And a gut is starting to materialize!! Well, not starting -- it's been there for a while. Oh Gut, I thought I had lost you last summer when I shed approx. 25 pounds! And now you're back with a vengeance. Ugh. I despise the middle age spread that is so common nowadays.

To get myself back on track with consuming green smoothies, I watched a number of videos on YouTube for inspiration. Clent Manich's story of losing 226 pounds in 12 months by incorporating green smoothies into his diet is definitely inspirational! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvFedV4Xvck

I have always liked the Green Smoothie Girl's website and videos. This is a good one in which Robyn describes how green smoothies contribute to weight loss AND great health: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAztZRlkOLE&feature=related.

What I like about Davy Russell's videos is his matter of fact style of responding to people's questions such as how many green smoothies should one drink a day for weight loss, body cleansing, and getting enough nutrients. Davy responds by saying that how much ever green smoothie one needs to consume two large bunches of greens a day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMPooDpw8h0. That makes sense to me!

Finally there is this very educational video from Sergei Boutenko who talks about what ingredients are best for green smoothies: greens, fruits, and water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5LUkeVA6s.

So there you have it, current and potential Green Smoothie Fans! I hope that more and more people will give green smoothies a try and find out for themselves the tremendous benefits derived from regular consumption of this green powerhouse for the body and mind.

Oh yeah, my personal goals: 12 pounds off the weight and 4.5 inches off the waist.

1 comment:

cjphayes said...

we would like to think that our very large breakfast the other Friday just might have sparked the buttons to strain & you to begin again even though spring sprang sometime ago. yeh, summer is waning & it's close to fall. glad to know you are back in the green fold. perhaps if you made one for us, we MIGHT get hooked. ;-D