Monday, February 22, 2010

Lots and lots of spinach!

Approximately half of the refrigerator is being taken up with bags and plastic containers filled with spinach. I bought spinach to go in my smoothies, and then DH, bless his heart, bought a HUGE bag from Costco -- all told, we probably have 5-6 pounds of spinach in the fridge -- no exaggeration!

I think I will need to make green smoothies for the unsuspecting neighbors in addition to my own. Usually the most I consume is 4-6 oz. of spinach per smoothie; I may need to ramp up the amount in order to get through this spinach before it dies and gets all slimy on me. 

Or I will have to investigate other spinach recipes in addition to using it to make smoothies. This one sounds really good, and it uses up a whole pound of spinach: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spinach/. And THIS recipe: rice with spinach and feta cheese -- I think I'm in love! http://homecooking.about.com/od/vegetablerecipes/r/blv259.htm. 

We may get through all this spinach after all! If you have any favorite vegetarian spinach recipes to send my way, please do!

Popeye would be proud!

No comments: