Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yummy green smoothie with baby spinach leaves

On Thursday and Friday, I followed the same recipe:

*1-1/2 cups of Odwalla Superfood
*1 banana
*1 apple
*6-7 frozen strawberries
*A couple of handfuls of baby spinach leaves. 

    I blended everything until it was really smooth, and it tasted great! No little pieces of straw to pull off my tongue. On Thursday, after drinking nearly a quart of this concoction before going to work, I had the strangest experience. I never felt the need to get my afternoon or evening cup of coffee for an energy boost. I had good energy and no mental cobwebs the rest of the day. I have never ever gone a whole day on just one cup of coffee. On Friday, however, I had a low-grade headache and was back to drinking my requisite cups of coffee. The only difference between Thursday's green smoothie and Friday's green smoothie was that I added even more spinach to Friday's smoothie, and it still tasted great and had a smooth consistency.

    It's Saturday evening already, and I probably won't have a smoothie at all today, but I have been drinking some of the Odwalla Superfood without adding anything extra. Today we had an AT&T service representative at our house most of the afternoon doing a U-verse installation, and I was out working in the garage, so it just didn't happen. But there's always tomorrow!!

    I have a friend in the East Bay who is also experimenting with smoothies. Here is what she tried for her very first smoothie experience:

    *1 fuji apple
    *1/2 banana
    *1 zucchini
    *small bunch collard greens
    *1/2 cucumber
    *about 1/2 cup water

      And for her second smoothie experience:

      *1 apple
      *1/2 banana
      *carrots
      *2 zucchini

        I hope these recipes and initial experiences will have you whipping out and revving up your blenders in no time!

        No comments: